STEM Resources for Teachers
- Stat Trek – Teach Yourself Statistics
This web site provides training and tools to help you solve statistics problems quickly, easily, and accurately - without having to ask anyone for help. Learn at your own pace. Free statistics tutorials cover statistics, probability, and survey sampling - all explained in plain English.
- A Compendium of Best Practices K-12 STEM Education Programs – Bayer Corporation
Lists: K-12 Best Practices Programs, Promising Programs, and Online Resources for Education Programs and Partnership Opportunities.
- Common Core Standards: Mathematics Standards
- Office of Science and Technology Policy: Initiatives – The White House
OSTP works to advance a wide range of initiatives, programs, projects, and activities that unleash the power of science, technology, and innovation for the benefit of Americans and people around the world.
- Office of Science and Technology Policy: Women in STEM – The White House
Contains: Fact Sheets, Reports, News, Video, Speeches and Events, and Resources.
- Best Websites for Teaching & Learning 2017 – AASL (American Association of School Librarians)
The 2017 Best Websites for Teaching & Learning foster the qualities of innovation, creativity, active participation, and collaboration. They are free, Web-based sites that are user friendly and encourage a community of learners to explore and discover.
- FloridaStudents.org: Your Source for Florida Standards Student Tutorials and Resources
This site is new and inside you will find resources located from all over the web to support your learning in language arts, mathematics, science, and civics.
- Jet Propulsion Laboratory: California Institute of Technology – Education
Covers: Intern, Learn (Launch rockets, build robots, explore your world and beyond! Our projects, toolkit and contests will take you into space without ever leaving Earth), Teach (Bring the wonder of space to your students. Explore our universe of science, technology, engineering and math activities and resources), Edu News, and Events.
- Pathways to Science – Institute for Broadening Participation (IBP): K-12 Educators
Explore resources for K-12 Teachers involved in STEM education.
- STEM Activities and Resources for K-12 Teachers and Students – National Science Foundation
Find a GK-12 Project by State, look at resources for all grades, for elementary grades, for middle grades, and for high school.
- STEM Sprouts Teaching Kit – Boston Children’s Museum
The STEM Sprouts Teaching Kit is the product of a collaboration between National Grid, Boston
Children’s Museum, and WGBH. The goal of this curriculum is to assist preschool educators in
focusing and refining the naturally inquisitive behaviors of three to five-year-olds on science,
technology, engineering, and math (STEM).
- The Ultimate STEM Guide for Kids: 239 Cool Sites about Science, Technology, Engineering and Math
Includes: Cool STEM Websites, STEM Challenges and Contests, STEM Awards, STEM Career Resources, Government STEM Initiatives, and Philanthropic STEM Initiatives, etc. Categorized by: elementary, middle, and high school levels plus STEM Fun for Girls.
- Tools & Resources for Educators (Florida Department of Education)
Florida teachers are the front-line leaders for education in preparing our students for success after high school. The Florida Standards have been created to guide you in developing your students’ critical thinking and problem solving skills. These new standards do not tell you how to teach, rather they provide you and your teacher teams with helpful guidance while still allowing for local control over instructional materials and curriculum.