How to conduct business research part 2.
Customs and Culture/Currency and Travel
- Country Insights - Go beyond the do's and don'ts (Centre for Intercultural Learning)
Links to the best Web sites for virtually every country in the world. Covers: Overview, Culture, Economy, Geography, History, Media, Map, and Politics.
- Country Links A to Z (Jim Vileta's Business Research Launch Pad)
Lists numerous links on countries by a business librarian.
- International Buisness Etiquette, Manners, and Culture (International Business Center)
Contains: the Geert Hofstede Analysis (Geert Hofstede developed a model that identifies four primary dimensions to differentiate cultures), appearance, behavior, communication, religion, and resources.
- International Business Gift Giving & Business Meeting Etiquette by Kimberley Roberts Taylor (International Business Center)
- Travel: U.S. Customs and Border Protection
Almost a million times each day, CBP officers welcome international travelers into the U.S. In screening both foreign visitors and returning U.S. citizens, CBP uses a variety of techniques to assure that global tourism remains safe and strong. Descriptions of CBP processes and programs are available for first-time and frequent travelers.
- Currency Conversion & Travel Expenses - Martindale's Calculators On-Line Center
- Oanda Currency Converter
OANDA's currency calculator tools use OANDA Rates™, the touchstone foreign exchange rates compiled from leading market data contributors.
Access currency exchange rates back to January, 1990:
•Type currency names, 3-letter ISO currency symbols, or country names to select your currency. Convert world currencies, precious metals, or obsolete currencies, which are marked with an asterisk (*).
- X-rates Currency Calculator
The rates are updated every 60 seconds. They reflect any changes occurring in markets worldwide, whenever they occur.
- XE - Full XE Currency Converter
Calculate live currency and foreign exchange rates with the "full" version of the XE Currency Converter®. With over 180 currencies, as well as Special units & precious metals, this currency calculator contains every world currency! For fewer currencies, try the standard converter.
- AirPano - 360° Virtual Tours (many parts of the World)
AirPano is a not-for-profit project focused on high-resolution spherical panorama shots from a bird’s eye view. Being the largest resource for 360° aerial panoramas and virtual tours in the world – by geographical coverage, number of aerial photographs, and artistic and technical quality of the images, AirPano has already photographed over 300 most interesting locations on our planet. There are nearly 3000 360° panoramas on our website at the moment.
- Country Reports - World Travel and Tourism Council
Economic Impact - Travel and Tourism for various countries.
- Frommer’s Travel Guides: Tips and Tools
Help plan your trip with expert advice about insurance, customs, packing, money, and more subjects.
Includes interactive maps.
- How to Pack a Bag When Traveling by Brett & Kate McKay
Detailed advice, pictures and diagrams for frequent travelers (especially men).
- Travelers' Health (CDC - U.S. Centers for Disease Control)
Vaccines. Medicines. Advice.
- World Tourism Directory
The most extensive country by country source with over 120.000 contacts of all international, national, regional, local tourism authorities, associations and organizations, travel services, corporations and travel and tourism media, government information sources, tourism investment agencies, non-profit organizations and much more.